It turns out that expressing appreciation and gratitude is good for us. Emotional health experts say when we identify what we appreciate in our lives, we become more focused on the positive and experience stronger feelings of well-being. In other words, we are happier. So, don’t save expressing your thanks just for the Thanksgiving table. Think about the things you are thankful for year round and improve your emotional health. It isn’t that hard. You can start in your own backyard with 3 major reasons to be thankful for your pool and spa.
The most obvious reason to be thankful for your pool and spa is the benefit they have to improve your physical health.
- Swimming builds strength and endurance and heart health. You will burn calories and can lose weight.
- Other forms of exercise that can be done in the pool or spa are water aerobics, weight training, aquatic dance, and more. All these improve flexibility, balance, and strength.
- Soaking in your hot tub before bed in the evening can have a great impact on improving sleep. Many people report that they fall asleep faster, sleep deeper, and remain asleep longer.
- People with joint pain, muscle spasms, and conditions such as arthritis often experience relief from discomfort when they use their spas for hydrotherapy.
- Strengthen your body’s immune system by soaking in the hot tub. The heat of the water increases the body’s production of white blood cells and makes it harder for viruses to replicate.
Improved Mental Health
Our world has gotten increasingly busy. Many of us feel overwhelmed by the demands of our work, family, and schedules. Our swimming pools and hot tubs can provide a very much-needed respite from the relentless pace of our lives.
- Exercise boosts the production of beneficial hormones and chemicals in the brain. Endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine are known to improve mood, reduce pain, and alleviate stress.
- Relaxing in the private sanctuary of your hot tub can lower your stress level in minutes. A fifteen-minute after-work session in your spa will give you better anxiety-reducing results than many other ways of coping to reduce the stress of the day.
- Your hot tub provides a perfect place to reflect. Being in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.
- Time spent in the hot tub or swimming pool means less time spent on electronic devices. Reducing screen time makes more time to reconnect with family and friends. And feeling connected to others fosters feelings of well-being and security and lessens depression.
This may seem obvious, but our pools and spas are places where we can spend countless hours in the company of our family and friends. Your pool and spa provide you with an opportunity to take your lifestyle and relationships to new heights of enjoyment.
- A pool is a perfect place for young children and teenagers to spend time in the fresh air and sun. You will know where everyone is when you have the draw of a backyard swimming pool.
- Your pool and spa are a wonderful focal point for adult entertainment as well. Plan a cookout and invite the neighbors. It is a great venue for gathering friends.
- Family spa night is a routine many people have established to reconnect with their kids. There is something about soaking in the hot tub together that causes kids to open up and have deeper conversations with their parents.
- Improve your relationship with your spouse. A regular date night with your spouse is a great way to stay connected and squeeze some private time into your busy schedules. Use your hot tub to keep romance alive.
Don’t save expressing gratitude just for Thanksgiving. Thinking about what you appreciate in life has great mental health benefits all year long. Studies have shown that people who count their blessings regularly have more happiness and better mental health. All of us at Aqua Pools hope these 3 major reasons to be thankful for your pool and spa have given you food for thought for the entire year!