We at Aqua Pools understand COVID-19 is a very serious virus. We are following the proper guidelines outlined by state and local authorities along with the Centers for Disease Control. The safety of our customers and our employees is a top priority.
The Department of Public Health is getting questions about possible impacts from COVID-19 for swimming pools and spas. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19. Salt water generates its own chlorine as long as the bodies of water are maintained properly.
That is why Aqua Pools maintains Essential Business status, meaning we are still open.
Open bodies of water, including swimming pools and hot tubs, must be treated so they don’t become a public health hazard.
- The maintenance of properly sanitized swimming pools and other artificial bodies of water is necessary to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases and help maintain community health.
- Without proper pool maintenance (which includes circulation and treatment of water) various pathogens can grow, such as Pseudomonas, Cryptosporidium, E. Coli, Shigella, etc. It can also create a breeding ground for mosquitoes, other pests and the diseases they may carry. This presents a risk not only to bathers but to the entire community at large.
- As children and families across the country are being asked to reduce outside contact or even shelter at home, and gyms and other public facilities are closing, the backyard pool provides the ideal way for families to focus on their health and well-being. These pools should be properly maintained by a service professional to ensure proper sanitation measures are taking place.
- Pool maintenance should be performed by an industry professional, like Aqua Pools.
- If you are attempting to treat your own pool, necessary chemicals can be and should be purchased. Please be sure to read the entire label and follow all manufacturer instructions when applying and storing chemicals. Additionally, wear gloves and store chemicals and material in a safe, secure place.
In addition to water maintenance, unfinished construction projects pose significant public safety risks like cave-ins, pool popping, and dangers resulting from an active construction site. The impact of long-term exposure to the elements may result in community health issues from untreated standing water if these projects aren’t completed. Our construction crews will continue working on projects to complete them and ensure the site is safe.
Our stores are open, but we are taking precautions due to the very serious nature of COVID-19.
- Our stores will be open during regular business hours for curbside pick up and scheduled in store appointments only.
- Virtual consultations via FaceTime or video conferencing are available if you have any questions.
- To schedule an appointment or a virtual consultation, call (708) 301-9400.
Our service department is operating as normal with a number of additional precautions:
- We have very limited contact with customers as most spas and pools are serviced from the exterior.
- All of our technicians are wearing personal protective equipment, such as masks and gloves, and they will execute disinfection cleaning and wiping as needed.
Our team is ready to help you with all of your pool and spa needs. If you have an idea that’s not mentioned here, give us a call and ask! We’re here to help!
Thank you for supporting this family-owned business.