Did you know that you can still meet your fitness goals right at home in your own backyard? Your swim spa is designed to blend the therapeutic benefits of a hot tub with a completely customizable aquatic exercise system. Investing in a swim spa is one of the best ways to improve your total body health and fitness. Create your own uncrowded fitness center right at home and get a total body workout in a swim spa!
Aside from the fact that you don’t have to fight the crowds at the gym, a swim spa offers some incredible health benefits.
- Increased strength – The water offers extra resistance to strengthen your muscles.
- Torch calories – You will burn more calories. It’s that water resistance factor again.
- Joint health – Aquatic exercises are low impact and therefore less stressful to your joints.
- Increased flexibility – The effects of gravity are lessened in the water, and your limbs can move in a greater range of motion. Therefore, over time, you will become more flexible.
- Heart health – Swimming is one of the best cardiovascular exercises there is!
Using your swim spa for aerobic exercise is a brilliant way to improve your cardiovascular health Here are a few aerobic exercises to try:
- Swimming laps in a swim spa is different from swimming in a normal pool. The water jets cause you to swim against a current, challenging you to use your balance and core strength.
- Jogging in place is a fantastic cardio exercise, strengthening your quads.
- Rowing burns a lot of calories, gets your heart rate up, and improves endurance.
Upper Body Workouts
Try adding these into your upper body routine:
- Invest in some water dumbbells and try some bicep curls in your swim spa. There is nothing like bicep curls for giving you great definition in your upper arms.
- Water push-ups will build your chest, shoulder, and upper arm strength.
- Using aquatic weights, you can use the resistance from the jets to do chest presses. This exercise strengthens your deltoids, pectorals, and triceps.
Lower Body Workouts
Make leg day a workout to look forward to with these awesome exercises to do in your swim spa:
- As mentioned above, jogging is great for building lower body strength.
- Use the steps in your swim spa to exercise your calves, quads, glutes, and hamstrings. Simply step up and down, alternating each foot. Step-ups are the best exercise to train for running or bicycling.
- Squats are excellent lower body moves for building muscle in your glutes and strengthening your core muscles. Done regularly, squats can help you with carrying heavy items, walking long distances, and stair climbing.
Engage Your Core
Start rockin’ that six pack with these core exercises:
- There is nothing like doing crunches to strengthen your core muscles. Sit with your back against the side of the swim spa and bring your knees to your chest. Extend your legs in front of you, using your stomach muscles. This is an exercise you will feel after doing a few!
- Core rotations are done by holding aquatic dumbbells straight out in front of you and rotating your upper body, first to the right, then to the left. Make sure to use proper position and keep your arms straight out in front of your chest when you rotate.
Your swim spa can deliver a full range of activities from a relaxing soak, to a vigorous swim, to a full body workout. There is no doubt that owning a swim spa is one of the most effective ways to achieve your fitness goals and get into the best shape of your life. The convenience factor is supreme when you consider it is right in your own backyard. You’ll be amazed at how much fun you will have making your health a priority while you get a total body workout in your swim spa.
Ready for a swim spa of your own? Aqua Pools can help! When you purchase a swim spa from Aqua Pools, you know you are getting full support and service for any issue that may arise. Call us today and let our experts guide you to a swim spa that could revolutionize your health!