Relaxing and reading are synonymous with hanging out by the pool in the summer. Nothing is more enjoyable than laying out and relieving stress with a really good book. Whether you read one long novel or a few short novellas, it’s important that they’re good, right? So, which are the best reads? What book is going to keep you interested and engaged? Here’s a list of 10 of the best summer books to read by the pool and enjoy all summer long.
Books to Movies
Anytime a movie is made from a book, that’s usually a good sign that the book is going to be awesome! Here are a few great books that inspired equally great movies.
- Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins. Guaranteed to be a great read, this series is full of excitement and unexpected turns.
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling. The entire series promises to keep you interested the entire time.
- The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum. It’s action-packed and full of twists and turns.
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. This one never gets boring, no matter how many times you read it.
Motivation and Inspiration
Inspirational reads are excellent for poolside enjoyment. While reading these books, you may even become inspired to tackle a large project or set new goals.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective by Stephen Covey. This one is always a winner! It’s chock full of ways to make your daily life more productive and manageable.
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. Whatever your life’s goals may be, this book gives you the advice to achieve and maximize them one-by-one.
- Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey. Read about ways to achieve financial peace and plan financially for your future.
Out of all of the best pool reads, you can never go wrong with the classics.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This is one novel that you won’t be able to put down.
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. A heart-warming classic, this timeless book never gets old or boring.
- Moby-Dick by Herman Melville. An excellent piece of literature, it will sweep you into its riveting storyline.
Go ahead and get your lounge mattress, sunscreen, a cold drink, and a couple of books from these 10 best summer books to read by the pool. Happy reading and see you at the end of summer!