You have considered all the advantages of adding a swimming pool to your backyard. A place to exercise, a venue for entertaining, a place for your kids to hang out, a haven for relaxation, a cool oasis in the heat…the reasons you decided to get a pool built are many! Now that you’ve made the decision to go for it, you may be wondering, “What is the swimming pool building season in Northern Illinois?” The fact is, swimming pools can be built any time of the year for the most part, but there is a magic window of time that is ideal.
Winter is the least ideal time for pool building
While it isn’t impossible, winter is not considered the ideal swimming pool building season n in our area of Northern Illinois because of the constraints the weather imposes. Frozen ground, snow, and cold temperatures can cause delays in construction. That being said, winter is a great time to plan all the details you would like to see in your new pool and surrounding backyard. It is also the perfect time to consult with your pool builder and get on their upcoming build schedule.
Pros and cons of Spring construction
When spring rolls around, many people feel a sense of urgency to get their pool installed so it will be ready to use by summer. Contractors’ schedules begin to book up, and they may be quite busy with multiple jobs. A disadvantage of spring pool builds is that spring weather can be unpredictable, with rain and wet muddy ground holding up pool construction. On the plus side, spring is a good time for putting in landscaping, and your pool will be finished by the summer swim season.
Summertime is a busy time
Swimming pool contractors are busiest during the summer months, with multiple construction jobs going on concurrently. Delays are still possible due to the heavy rainstorms we often experience in Northern Illinois during midsummer. While you know you will eventually end up with a pool, you may be wishing you had it NOW to enjoy it during the hot summer days. It is also a fact that your backyard will be somewhat torn up by the construction process during prime barbecue season.
Why fall is the best swimming pool building season
There are multiple reasons why fall is the perfect time of year to schedule your swimming pool construction.
- Pool builders are less busy at this time of year, and have more time to spend with you creating your backyard dream.
- The weather in Northern Illinois is more stable in the fall, with rain less likely to cause construction delays.
- The ground is drier and easier to dig.
- Fall is the ideal planting season. Some of your landscaping may need to be replaced, or you may have planned a complete re-do of your backyard. Plants and trees that go in at this time of year have more time to establish themselves.
- You are less likely to be using your backyard at this time of year and will not be inconvenienced by the construction.
- A fall pool build means that you will take advantage of lower pricing, as manufacturers typically raise prices in the new year.
So although you could choose any time of year, we think fall is the ideal swimming pool building season. You will have fewer weather delays, less disruption to your backyard enjoyment, and your pool and landscaping will be ready in plenty of time for the summer pool season. Aqua Pools is a leader in the pool building industry in Northern Illinois, with the highest standards of quality and professionalism. Call today, we would love to make you part of our “family!”